Saturday, October 17, 2015

Elizabeth Thompson Groesbeck's journal ... then I went to my sewing ... Part 2.


Part 2, continued from here.

[March 1875] Thursday 11th helpt too do the work in the morning and then I went to dress and Elizabeth cum to tell me that I had compney and shareneph [sure enough] they had packed Sister White down on a chair and so she spent the day with me …
Saturday 02th [20th] don the backing and then I don sum sewing went to see Sister White spent a few minets with her and then returned to help git supper ...
Saturday 27th  don the backing cakes and pies and bread then Brother pool cum in spent an hour with us then Willey Rounds called in and by this time Elenor com with Ann  they cum to go with me to surprise party at Sister [Harriet] Whites  we had a very splesent afternoon ...
April, 1875 Thursday 8th don sum bakeing and finished the carpet   felt rather poorely all day   went to see Sister [Harriet] White and we had a few minets talk about that better land whare sorrow never cum and I often think how cairful we shold be to keep hourselves wright and speak nothing that wold not bair investigating by any faithful saint …
May, 1875 Firiday 7th helpt with the work in the morning and then I went over to see Ann stopt and tuck diner   then Ann lent me her buggy to take sister White out for adrive …
Monday 10th helpt with the washing and then I went to the store with Josephine bot sum cups and sasers [saucers] also a dress for sister [Harriet] White a young man by the name of Ford cum to see Hyrham  
Tuesday 11th at home all day  Mellie and sister White and sister Volce spent the afternoon with me I told them about this friend of Hyrhams  Brother [Robert] Ford thay all said that they shold like to see him and I said I was shure thay wold recive grait light by visiting with him as the gospel was all his thiem …
Robert Henry Ford (1831-1890) served a mission to Engalnd in 1887. Died in an accidental fall while working to build the Salt Lake Temple (ancestry.com)
June, 1875 Wednesday 30th helpt to do the work in the morning  then I finished sum shirts that I had been making  I maid an apron for myself  went to see Sister [Harriet]White for a littel while just then Ann cum over and wanted father and me to go over to her house to take supper and so we did  she was allway very kind to us both and I thot a grait meney times I should be very lonely with out her … 
(To be continued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment