Monday, February 10, 2014

Bessie Morgan Rex letter to Harold. March 20, 1938.


Randolph, Utah
March 20, 1938

My dear boy,

Sunday afternoon. Conference is over, but I didn’t go. Have been a little under the weather, but Dr. Pyoth will take care of me just fine.

Well, it was Sunday & I thot I would hurry & write right then, but my good intentions fell thro. Guess I am lazy. Am feeling very much better now.

I had so many things I wanted to tell you but I expect your father told you some of them. Have felt so badly since Sun. to think I was not able to have Burdett’s & Fraziers up for dinner. They are always so nice to me. Sis. Burdett came up to see me between meetings and Clara and Glenn came up after meeting. I asked Clara if she heard from you, and she looked rather wistful as she said “Not very often.” Shame on you. Such a lovely girl too. And say, does Glenn treat his sister about right. He is a fine fellow. His mission has improved him. You know he is grown up.  
John Morgan, Percy Harold, Maeser Morgan Rex


They say he spoke fine in conference as did Phil Spencer. Now don’t be so stingy with your letters to Clara.

We haven’t had a letter for two weeks now. Whatever is the delay?  We received an invitation to the Brazilian mission reunion next Sat., but I think we shall wait until you come home. We have Winnie graduating soon & I have been such an expense with capsules money is at a premium.

Daddy has gone to feed to be back in time to work at the court house. He makes 4$ a day there. The boys are doing the chores.

Such a dark & dreary day. But think winter is behind us. How glad I am.

Well, dearie, I must close.

Morgan’s father asked him if it didn’t give him a thrill to hear his big brother’s name read out in the Brazilian mission. We decided it gave Morg’s father a bigger one.

Love & kisses from all

Lovingly Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment