Thursday, February 21, 2013

John Morgan Rex's B24 Liberator

Uncle John Morgan Rex’s B24A Liberator #40-2374 (in peacetime markings)

Unexpected good things:


"All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner." 

I took that statement printed on the inside cover of Broome's One Day War; The story of the Japanese Raid on Broome, 3rd March 1942, seriously, and wrote for permission to use some quotes from the pamphlet in my recent post about John Morgan Rex.

I wrote to the Broome Historical Society in Western Australia, and a gentleman sent me a picture of my Uncle John Morgan Rex’s B24A Liberator #40-2374. Thank you so very much! 

He too is on a search--and is confident that he and his colleague will find that lost aircraft.

I wonder what markings changed when the aircraft was assigned to war?

Isn't this search into the past fascinating?

No comments:

Post a Comment