Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bessie Morgan Rex. Letter to Harold March 13, 1938.


Randolph, Utah,

March 13, 1938

My dear boy,

My, what a delightful surprise. We received a letter Monday, and then one again Saturday from below the equator. It was certainly a joy to hear from you. I have said I don’t worry about you, for I know you are being taken care of, but I do get rather blue when I don’t hear from you. So it was very good to hear twice.

Right now a March blizzard is on. We have had plenty of moisture this last month, but it has been nice & warm but Oh so muddy.

Evanston, Woodruff & Kemmerer choirs are down practicing for next Sun. but I was tired after meeting, & so came home. I suppose Clara had to work. Hear Glen is home. Well, I’ll be patient these few remaining months. Did you get my letter telling you, if you came to N. Y. I want you to visit Vash Young. He gave me a very nice invitation for self or family. I didn’t get a letter off to you

in the middle of the week. Have been bothered with asthma & it certainly takes all my ambition. Otherwise I am fine.

We sang a hymn today we haven’t sung before. Behold, ‘tis eventide, in the S.S. Song book if you have one. P. 13. It is very beautiful. Bro. Pulham, our leader is every good.

Say, did you preach 50 min. Have you heard the maxim “No souls saved after 20 minutes.” Give the other poor fellow a chance.

Here it is the next morn & your father didn’t write. Well, I shall send this with the kiddies notes.

Have just listened to the news. The world is rather upset, isn’t it. I shudder to think of it. It snowed nearly all night & we have a white world this morning.

Must close this now & get Flora up to take it to the P. O.

We think of you all the time, & are all counting months. Love & kisses from all of us, my dear.

Lovingly

Mother.

(This letter will be continued with information about Bessie's childhood friend Vash Young.)

2 comments:

  1. This picture is great with this letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its my favorite (if not only) snow-covered house in Randolph.

    ReplyDelete