Sunday, March 28, 2010

Amelia Catherine Jorgensen Burt

After discovering Amelia Catherine Jorgensen Burt’s funeral book posted here, a descendant asked if I had a picture or history of Amelia. I don’t have a history. But I’m happy to share this lovely family portrait of the James and Amelia Burt family. My sister-in-law, Marlene Sanborn Silotti, gave it to me years ago. Taken in 1925, each family member is identified. Click on the picture to enlarge.

My mother-in-law [Beryl Burt Sanborn], “Aunt Beryl,” on the left, was about sixteen years old when the picture was taken.

The descendant looking for a picture, and a history of Amelia, is a 2nd great-granddaughter through Amelia’s oldest daughter, Margaret Gilmour Burt [center back row], “who married Charles Luther Carlisle and had my grandmother, Lois Carlisle.”

I’d welcome any history or pictures from this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment